OKT is proud to be recognized once again by Lexpert magazine as a national leader in the practice of Aboriginal law.
Lexpert conducts extensive surveys of other lawyers to make a list of recommended lawyers in a particular field. Based on this survey, Lexpert ranked OKT as a “most frequently recommended” Toronto law firm for services in Indigenous law.
OKT is also proud that fifteen of our lawyers have also been individually selected as “Most Frequently Recommended” (10 lawyers), “Consistently Recommended” (1 lawyer), or “Repeatedly Recommended” (4 lawyers) in Indigenous law:
- John Olthuis
- Larry Innes
- Kate Kempton
- Nancy Kleer
- Roger Townshend
- Lorraine Land
- Renée Pelletier
- Bryce Edwards
- Sara Mainville
- Bob Rae
- Matt McPherson
- Cathy Guirguis
- Senwung Luk
- Oliver MacLaren
- Maggie Wente
- 70% of all lawyers in Toronto who are “Most Frequently Recommended” for Indigenous law, are from OKT.
- All of OKT’s partners at the time the rankings were prepared (in 2019) are recommended.
- More OKT’s lawyers are recommended in Indigenous law than from any other law firm in Toronto.
- Lawyers in all of OKT’s practice areas are recommended in the rankings.
- The number of OKT lawyers recommended by Lexpert has consistently increased, year over year. In 2020, nearly half of all OKT lawyers are ranked by Lexpert.
OKT would like to thank our peers for recognizing the quality of the work that we do, and as always we are grateful to our clients for letting us be part of their struggle for justice for Indigenous peoples in Canada.
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has severely disrupted Indigenous-owned businesses across the country. Businesses are being forced to scale back operations, lay off employees or shut down entirely, with Indigenous…Read More...
This post is current to March 30, 2020.
The Premier announced late on March 28, 2020 that he will be banning public meetings of more than five people. This…Read More...