OKT’s team has considerable experience negotiating and drafting trusts for Indigenous governments to secure assets for future generations, such as monies from land claim settlement, Impact and Benefit Agreements, or other sources. We will help you consider important issues such as:
- Whether a trust is required;
- Who should develop the trust terms;
- The trust’s relationship with community leadership;
- The objectives of the trust;
- Finding the right corporate trustee and investment manager; and
- How to maximize tax benefits.