Olthuis Kleer Townshend LLP is a firm of 33 lawyers working for Indigenous clients across Canada with offices in Yellowknife and Toronto. We are looking for a full-time assistant to join us in our Yellowknife Office. You do not need to have a legal background, though that would be helpful.
The assistant’s duties include:
- receptionist duties
- supporting the lawyers in the office with respect to
- photocopying and scanning documents
- drafting and sending correspondence
- assisting with travel arrangements
- delivering and picking up documents
- managing lawyers’ calendars
- assisting in office management such as ordering office supplies, arranging and hosting client meetings, IT/Internet troubleshooting and communications with Internet and phone providers for the Yellowknife office
- managing incoming and outgoing mail
- assisting with litigation matters including court/tribunal filings and drafting forms
- communicating with our northern Indigenous clients
What you need:
- good interpersonal skills
- good computer skills (preferably experience with Office 365 and Windows 10)
- the ability to prioritize work and complete it in a timely manner
- attention to detail
- good writing and conversational skills
- familiarity with court registries
- knowledge of and experience working with northern Indigenous Nations and their members
- ability to converse in one of the Dene languages is an asset
- ability, or willingness to learn, to use Dene orthography is an asset
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including a northern allowance. Our office environment is more casual than most and we pride ourselves on collegiality and our work for social justice.
If you are bright, capable of handling a wide variety of duties, and want to work where you can apply your good communication skills in working with lawyers and Indigenous clients on interesting matters:
Please send your resume and covering letter by email to:
A PDF version of this post is available
OKT is proud to be recognized once again by Lexpert magazine as a national leader in the practice of Aboriginal law.
Lexpert conducts extensive surveys of…Read More...
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has severely disrupted Indigenous-owned businesses across the country. Businesses are being forced to scale back operations, lay off employees or shut down entirely, with Indigenous…Read More...