Publications and Media
- "Making First Nations financial transparency fair", OKT Blog, October 28, 2015
- “Managing lands for treaty rights: strategies for the duty to consult and cumulative impacts“, presentation at As Long as the Rivers Flow, treaty rights conference, 2014.
- "Supreme Court releases decision in Keewatin", with Senwung Luk, OKT Blog, July 11, 2014
- “Redefining “Negotiation”: Court Blasts Crown For Unilateral Control of Specific Claims”, OKT Blog, January 31, 2014.
- Presentation, “Reconciliation and Infringement of Aboriginal and Treaty Rights: What is ‘Justified’?”, December 9, 2013, The Commons Institute’s Mawai’omi: Investing in Aboriginal Canada Conference.
- “West Moberly Supreme Court of Canada Denied Leave to Appeal”, OKT Blog, February 28, 2012.
- Presentation, “A General Introduction to the Duty to Consult and Accommodate, (with Roger Townshend), 2012, The Commons Institute.
- “BC Court of Appeal takes a step forward in West Moberly”, OKT Blog, June 1, 2011.
- Cathy Guirguis (with K. Huda, S. Rahman), “Social Capital and What it Represents: The Experience of the Ultra-Poor in Bangladesh” (2008) 1:3 Journal of Power at 295.
- Cathy Guirguis (with S. Allen & Merrell-Ann Phare), “Consulting with the Crown: A Guide for First Nations” (2007) Centre for Indigenous Environmental Resources.
- Cathy Guirguis, “Colonial Structures, Displacement & Re-Location: First Nations in the Canadian Legal Context” (2007) York University, Faculty of Environmental Studies.
- Senior Editor, Osgoode Hall Law Journal, (2007) 44:3, 44:4, 45:1, 45:2 Osgoode LJ.
- Cathy Guirguis (with K. Huda & S. Rahman), “Building Social Capital for the Ultra Poor: Challenges and Achievements” CFPR-TUP Working Paper Series No. 6, Dhaka, Bangladesh: BRAC/Aga Khan Foundation of Canada, 2005 (Paper presented at Social Capital: Definition, Measurement, Applications, The Social Capital Foundation, Malta, September 20-22, 2005).
SAUGEEN OJIBWAY NATION TRIAL COMING TO AN END FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 16, 2020
Closing arguments are set to…Read More...
Grey County and the Saugeen Ojibway Nation (SON) have reached an agreement settling Grey County’s involvement in SON’s…Read More...
OKT is proud to represent the Saugeen Ojibway Nation in their historic claims. Below is the press release announcing the start of this historic trial.
To download a copy of…Read More...