Olthuis Kleer Townshend LLP (“OKT”), is Canada’s largest law firm dedicated to advancing the self-determination and success of Indigenous peoples in a wide range of areas of Canadian law. We address the full scope of Indigenous communities’ legal needs. OKT’s lawyers have been advocating for Indigenous communities for decades – as lawyers, and as leaders and members of Indigenous communities and governments.
To support our continued growth, we require a results-oriented individual to join our team as Director, Finance and Administration based in our Toronto office.
The Director, Finance and Administration is an integral part of our team and will be responsible for helping build a platform that fully supports the growth of our legal practice. The Director, Finance and Administration will have a broad range of responsibilities including hands-on financial accounting and management as well as administrative functions including human resources, operations, professional compliance, health & safety, facilities, information technology, marketing and strategic planning.
Our ideal Director, Finance and Administration will have the following experience/skill set:
- An individual with 7+ years of management and leadership experience within a professional services firm in a growing multi-office environment.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Proficiency in French would be an asset.
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation while preferred is not a prerequisite.
- Proven excellence in fiscal management of budgets, financial reporting and daily accounting functions with a solid knowledge and understanding of accounting software
- Strong leadership ability to proactively identify, analyze, recommend and implement solutions for the overall effectiveness of the firm in a manner consistent with its culture of a commitment to social justice.
- An influencer with strong strategic, analytical, communication and reporting skills and an ability to work with everyone in a supportive collaborative manner.
- Confident and positive self-starter with a ‘figure-it-out’ mindset, strong personal productivity and time management skills, and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Firm’s culture is focused on providing a collaborative team environment for all and is offering a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you have the mind, skill set and experience to succeed in this role, please submit a cover letter supporting your qualifications along with your resume and your compensation expectations to email@example.com.
Lexpert has once again recognized OKT a national leader in the practice of Aboriginal law.
Lexpert conducts extensive surveys each year, to determine the leading experts in specific fields of…Read More...
In response to the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, OKT wants to share information about the steps we are taking to protect the health and safety of our First Nation and…Read More...