Publications and Media
- "Tutu to join national Canadian conversation on treaty rights and reconciliation", with Bob Rae, OKT Blog, May 29, 2014
- John Olthuis (with N. Kleer), “Evidence in Aboriginal Title and other Aboriginal Rights Cases after Delgamuukw and Van der Peet” (Paper prepared for Special Lectures of the Law Society of Upper Canada 2000: Constitutional and Administrative Law, June 8-9, 2000).
- John Olthuis (with N. Kleer), “Legal Update: What’s New on Indian Reserve Lands?”, May 25-26, 2000, Aboriginal Land Management and Property Development Strategies – Insight Information Co. (Toronto).
- John Olthuis (with H.W. Roger Townshend), “First Nations: Recent Case Law and Developments of Importance”, in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 1998 (Toronto: Silrun Information Services, 1998).
- John Olthuis (with H.W. Roger Townshend), “Is Canada’s Thumb on the Scales: An Analysis of Canada’s Comprehensive and Specific Claims Policies and Suggested Alternatives” in For Seven Generations: An Information Legacy of the Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples (Ottawa: Libraxus, 1997) (CD-Rom format).
- John Olthuis (with H.W. Roger Townshend), “The Case for Native Sovereignty”, in M. Charlton & P. Barker, eds., Crosscurrents: Contemporary Political Issues (Scarborough: Nelson, 1994).
- John Olthuis (with H. & K. McCullum), “Moratorium: Justice, Energy, The North and Native People” (Toronto: Alger Press, 1977).
Archbishop Desmond Tutu makes a long journey this week, from his home in South Africa to northern Alberta. Why would this Nobel peace prizer winner -- whose moral authority and…Read More...