- Prosecuted constitutional challenges in both Federal Court and Manitoba Court of King’s Bench to bring about clean, safe drinking water in First Nations across Canada, resulting in the largest settlement in Canadian history, valued at more than $8 billion. Darian leads community outreach on behalf of the OKT team.
- Represented the Chiefs of Ontario in responding to the Assembly of First Nations and Canada’s joint motion to accept the terms of the Removed Children, Trout and Moushoom Class Actions final settlement agreement in front of the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal, valued over $20 billion.
- Assisted in the negotiation and implementation of the Ontario – Anishinabek Nation Master Education Agreement, breathing life into the largest sectoral self-governance agreement in Canada.
- Assisted community leadership negotiate with the Crown and an energy provider in towards settlement agreement.
- Advised various Cabinet Ministers in revamping and drafting laws, policies and regulations.
- Assisted with consultations to draft laws and codes for First Nations communities, including community constitutions, membership codes and election codes.
- Represented the Independent First Nations on a tripartite table concerning the enforcement of First Nations laws with Canada and Ontario.
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, ‘State of Indigenous Health and Human Rights in Canada’, Queen’s Health and Human Rights Conference, Kingston, Canada, November 2018.
- Speaker, ‘LGBTI Youth, Inclusive Education and Health’, Leaving No One Behind: UN Equal Rights Coalition Global Conference on LGBTI Human Rights and Inclusive Development, Vancouver, Canada, August 2018.
- Speaker, ‘Leaving No One Behind – Canada’s Role in Advancing LGBTQ2 Human Rights Globally. Leaving No One Behind: UN Equal Rights Coalition Global Conference on LGBTI Human Rights and Inclusive Development, Vancouver, Canada, August 2018.
- Speaker, ‘Racism in the Laws of Love for Indians’, Government of Ontario Conference on Anti-Racism, Toronto, Canada, December 2017.