- Counsel for the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs in an intervention before the Public Utilities Board that secured a discounted Hydro rate for on-reserve residents.
- Worked with traditional Anishinabe lawmaking body at Sagkeeng First Nation to draft traditional laws, including a new Election Law.
- Represented Garden River First Nation in Essar Steel Algoma's CCAA proceedings.
- Lead counsel for First Nations at multiple environmental and regulatory proceedings, including the National Energy Board, Manitoba Clean Environment Commission and Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
- Bringing a defamation action against a prominent online commenter who had targeted a community leader with racist comments.
- Expanding the scope of an Inquest to consider the role that systemic racism played in the death.
- The Disabled Professional: Duties and Obligations on a Licensing Body to Accommodate, Corey Shefman & Garth Smorang Q.C., (Winnipeg: Law Society of Manitoba, 2013)
By Senwung Luk and Corey Shefman
On May 1st, 2018, Manitoba’ Public Utilities Board adopted recommendations made by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs (“AMC”) to create a new electricity rate…Read More...
While politicians often talk about how important it is to be “tough on crime”, that talk ignores the fact that over 60% of inmates in…Read More...
On May 3rd, the Ontario Human Rights Commission released its report on Racial Profiling in Ontario. A year in the making, this report is the first time in nearly…Read More...