- “The History of Indigenous Treaties and Canada’s Long Creation Story.” Centre for International Governance Innovation, Global Youth Forum, Waterloo, ON, December, 2017.
- Nation to Nation and why it matters. OKT Blog, November 30, 2017.
- “First Nations Elections and Citizenship Law.” Indigenous Legal Issues, Law Society of Upper Canada, Toronto, ON, November, 2017.
- “Getting on with performance of Treaty commitments in Canada.” Canadian Council on International Law: UNDRIP Implementation in Canada, Ottawa, ON, November, 2017.
- “Sacred Water, Treaties, Declarations and First Nation Responsibilities.” Canadian Aboriginal Minerals Association, Toronto, ON, November, 2017.
- “Implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples within Canadian Institutions.” Canadian Institute’s Advanced Administrative Law Conference, October 2017.
- “Anishinaabe Inakonigaawin: the Rules that Govern us Rightly.” CBA NEERLS & Department of Justice Meeting, Ottawa, ON, October, 2017.
- “United Nations Declarations on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, the Federal Principles and First Nation Expectations of Rights Implementation.” West Coast Environmental Law, Panel on Parliament Hill, October, 2017.
- “Manito Aki Inakonigaawin, Governance and Community Decision-making.” Grand Council Treaty #3 Mining Forum, Wabigoon Lake Ojibway Nation, October, 2017.
- “NAFTA, Inter-tribal Trade, the Jay Treaty and the International Civil, Political and Economic Rights.” First Nation Economic Advancement Conference, Toronto, ON, October, 2017.
- The Ten Commandments of A Better Relationship. OKT Blog, September 21, 2017.
- Monuments are one thing, Stare Decisis and Racist Colonial Law is Another. OKT Blog, August 31, 2017.
- “Indigenous Perspectives on Consultation and Engagement.” Federal/Provincial/Territorial Working Group on Indigenous Consultation and Accommodation, Ottawa, ON, June, 2017.
- “Engaging with Indigenous Laws, Traditions and Legal Institutions.” CBA Conference, Reflections on the RCAP: Canada’s Commitment to a Renewed Nation-to-Nation Relationship With Indigenous People, Winnipeg, MB, June, 2017.
- “Legal Context and Historical Fact-finding: Nation to Nation relationships from an Indigenous perspective.” Canadian Bar Association / OBA Conference, Toronto, ON, May, 2017.
- “Territorial Co-Governance, Indigenous Jurisdiction and Impact Assessment for Sustainability.” Presentation to the Assembly of First Nations ACCE Committee.
- “Indigenous Jurisdiction and Environmental Governance.” Environmental Workshop, Association of Iroquois and Allied Indians, March 2017.
- “An update on the federal environmental assessment legislation review: Perspective from a member of the Multi-Interest Advisory Committee and an overview of progressive reform ideas on the table for the EA Panel.” PDAC 2017, Toronto, ON.
- “Aboriginal Jurisdiction and Environmental Stewardship.” November 2016. Canadian Aboriginal Minerals Association, Ottawa, ON.
- "One year since the political accord: where are we now?", OKT Blog, August 10, 2016
- “Recent Federal Legislation Affecting Aboriginal Communities” OBA Program, September 2015, Toronto, Ontario.
- Anishinaabe Aki: Treaty #3 after 140 years (unpublished) July, 2013.
- “Developing and Implementing Consultation Protocols.” (unpublished). Pacific Business and Law Institute, Aboriginal Law 2011.
- “Treaty Councils and Mutual Reconciliation under Section 35.” (Fall 2007) Indigenous Law Journal 141.
- “Manidoo Mazina-igan: an Anishinaabe Perspective of Treaty #3” (unpublished), LL.M. Thesis, University of Toronto, 2007.
On Thursday, September 27, 2018, the Ontario government introduced Bill 36: Cannabis Statute Law Amendment Act, 2018. This Act was brought forward with very little consultation with First Nations, and…Read More...
On February 8, 2018 the Federal Government introduced Bill C-69, “An Act to enact the Impact Assessment Act and the Canadian Energy Regulator Act, to amend…Read More...