Litigation Legal Assistant / Admin Support
We are a full service medium-size law firm that has established a reputation of excellence and leadership in our industry. We are looking to hire a Legal Assistant / Admin Support person to join our team. We are a prestigious firm with excellent compensation and benefits package and congenial work environment.
We have an opening for a Legal Assistant / Admin Support for our Yellowknife office with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
Duties will include:
- Independently manage the daily operations for small team of lawyers.
- Prepare hearing support materials (e.g. trial books, compendiums, chronologies, etc.) with limited supervision;
- Support lawyers regarding various administrative tasks: opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Responsible for generating and proofreading documents.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and trust deposits/withdrawals and preparing expense reports and account balances.
- Calendar and schedule management including arranging meetings and coordinating catering and travel requests.
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients, as well as with various court.
- Answer billing related inquiries from lawyers or assistants.
- Greeting and announcing guests.
- Providing telephone coverage, assisting callers, and conveying detailed messages.
- General office responsibilities including filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning, processing and distributing mail, messenger packages, and express mail packages.
- Assisting with various administrative duties such as document preparation, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing time and expense reports in accordance with company policies, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Checking printers, fax machines and office equipment daily, re-stocking with paper, delivering faxes and notifying proper personnel if maintenance is needed.
- Booking conference rooms and arrange meeting set-up.
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies and business stationery.
- Handling office facility requests and maintaining general office appearance.
- The ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job.
- Able to work some overtime if needed.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
· University Degree, diploma or equivalent work experience is an asset
· 4-5 years’ experience working as a legal assistant.
· Lighthouse Software experience preferred.
· Excellent time-management skills.
· Strong computer skills including Adobe and MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Ability to carry out law firm practices and procedures with minimal instruction.
· Superior attention to detail, including proofreading ability.
· Ability to take the initiative, be proactive, prioritize, problem solve and multitask.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Flexible, team player that is client service oriented.
OKT is proud to be recognized by Best Lawyers magazine as the best Aboriginal Law firm in Canada.
Several OKT partners have also been named as the best lawyers in the…Read More...
At OKT, we hear first-hand from clients how their members experience poor health outcomes in hospitals and other medical facilities. Too often, we hear how entering into the health care system…Read More...
Since recreational cannabis became legal in Canada, many First Nations have been considering creating their own laws to regulate it, including its possession, use, cultivation, distribution and sale. We have…Read More...